Information and Guidance
Lincoln Performing Arts Centre is part of the University of Lincoln. We are following official Government guidance to minimise the risk to our staff, students, and visitors from coronavirus (Covid-19).
The latest guidance, including travel advice and public health information, is available from the Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England (PHE), and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
At present we are closed. Under the current restrictions some events have had to be cancelled, if you have booked for any of these events and require a refund, account credit, or would like to make a donation, please contact our box office via email@example.com.
We are monitoring information disseminated from the Government and the University. If there are any changes that affect our operations we will communicate this with our visitors through our website, social media channels and poster displays on the building. If changing circumstances affect our events we will notify customers directly. Please ensure that when booking tickets for events you provide a phone number and/or email address so that we may contact you in the event of changing circumstances.
We welcome all visitors to our venue and recommend the use of the newly installed hand sanitiser dispensers, which can be found at the entrances to the building. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you soon.
GUIDANCE TO FOLLOW WHEN YOU VISIT
Going to the theatre has changed somewhat over the past year or so and with that we have some new policies in place to keep both you and our staff safe. Below we have outlined some important guidance that we’d like you to read through prior to your visit.
- When you purchased your ticket online you will only be given the option for an E-Ticket. We do not currently offer tickets via post or for collection at our box office in order to reduce contact, we hope to offer this service again in future.
- If you purchased a parking ticket then this will need to be printed out and displayed in the window of your vehicle when you arrive. Your performance tickets can be printed out as well or simply displayed on a mobile or tablet device.
- You can arrive 1 hour before the performance start time and the auditorium doors will be open 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Although the legal requirement to wear a face covering in England ends on 19 July, the government expects and recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces.
So we’re strongly encouraging our staff and you, to continue wearing face coverings throughout your visit if you can.
- NHS Track and Trace will be available for you to scan before entering the building. If you do not have the app then you can leave your details with a member of staff.
//WHAT CAN I EXPECT
Lincoln Performing Arts Centre is now a completely cashless venue, card and contact payments are available.
The café and Bar: The café and bar will be open, however, there will be limited seating in the café area and we will be operating a reduced service.The one way system: A one way system will be in operation in the building, please ensure you follow the signs and if you need any guidance our staff will be on hand to help.
Toilets: Toilets will be in operation, however, we do ask that you go prior to the performance.
Once seated we ask that audience remain seated for the duration of the performance, if you do need to leave for whatever reason please follow the one way system in place.
Hygiene: We have an enhanced cleaning regime in place, the auditorium undergoes a deep clean between performances and ventilation systems are in operation.
If you need more information or have a query please email us.
//STAYING SAFE ON CAMPUS
Our aim is to create a safe environment for our students and staff who use our spaces. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and dedication to keeping yourself and Lincoln’s community safe. By following the below, you’re helping to keep everyone safe and make the good times last:
- We ask that if you have the NHS Track and Trace App ( https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-covid-19/ ) then please scan the QR code before entering the building. If you do not have the app but wish have your details logged under track and trace, please inform a member of staff.
- Please wear a face covering throughout your visit if you can.
- All our staff are trained on COVID health and safety and have PPE to keep everyone safe.
- Please ensure you’re regularly using the hand sanitiser stations within the venue.
Those who visit or work within our venues must take personal responsibility to ensure that they do not carry the virus into these spaces. Please do not visit us if:
- You feel unwell.
- You have a new, continuous cough.
- You have a headache and a high temperature.
- You have a loss of taste, smell or both.
- You have come into contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You have been asked to self-isolate.
- You are required to isolate after travel.
- Please note. Depending on your vaccine status and other factors it is possible that you may not be displaying the classic symptoms – please check Covid Symptoms Updates for the latest examples of covid symptoms.
If you follow the above guidelines then it will help to make sure our venue remains COVID secure, allowing us to stay open and continue to provide safe spaces for you to socialise.
HOW TO BOOK
You can book tickets and car parking online, click here to be taken to our booking page and click the ticket icon next to each event. .
Come and visit our friendly Box Office staff. If face-to-face is more your thing, the Box Office is open Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm or one hour before the performance. Please note during July and August we operate reduced summer hours from 10am until 4pm. (Currently the box office is closed)
Call 01522 837600 to speak to our friendly in-house Box Office team Monday-Friday 10am to 6pm. Please note during July and August we operate reduced summer hours from 10am until 4pm. (Currently phonelines are closed)
Payment can be taken by credit or debit card (Maestro, Visa, Mastercard or Solo) and cash.
We’re really pleased so that here at Lincoln Performing Arts Centre there are no fees when buying tickets.
A postage handling fee of £1.50 applies if you would like to receive your tickets through the post. Tickets can be held at the Box Office for collection free of charge or you can opt for Print At Home.
You can choose to have your tickets sent to you electronically. A PDF of your tickets will be emailed to you for you to either print or present these tickets on a mobile device at the auditorium doors for our staff to scan them.
//CONCESSIONS & DISCOUNTS
Concession prices are available for many of our events, including concessions for over 60s, under 16’s, registered unemployed, disabled people and full time students. For most events carers accompanying disabled ticket holders are entitled to complimentary ticket please call the Box Office on 01522 837600 to arrange this. Valid proof of ID of age/Student Card must be shown at time of collection.
LIVE PASS is our new, free, membership for Students and Under 26s offering £5 and reduced rate tickets. Visit the LIVE PASS page for more information.
Schools rates and group discounts are available for most performances. For group bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Box Office on 01522 837600.
Lincoln Performing Arts Centre reserves the right to introduce special offers at any time, and these cannot be applied to tickets already purchased.
All children under 24 months can attend a performance for free if accompanied by an adult ticket holder (except for events specifically created for the very young). Due to fire regulations spaces are subject to availability. Please check in advance before bringing a baby, especially as some events might not be suitable.
We are happy to hold reservations for you for one week, or up to one hour before the performance, whichever is sooner.
If you’d like to make a booking for one of our wheelchair accessible spaces
please contact box office on 01522 837600.
Tickets are non-returnable and non-refundable except when an event is cancelled.
If you cannot attend a performance for any reason, we’ll happily exchange your tickets for another performance of the same event for a fee of £1 per booking.
We are happy to resell your tickets for sold out events at a cost of £1 per ticket.
Parking – now easier and cheaper!
You can now buy your parking and theatre tickets together when booking tickets in advance, to take advantage of the £1 rate your car parking ticket must be purchased 24 hours in advance of the show you wish to attend. Car parking is valid an hour and a half before the start time of the show and lasts for five hours.
Forgotten to buy your parking ticket when booking for the show, click here and select the date.
University of Lincoln pay and display car park is open to the public from 4.30pm on weekdays and all day at weekends.