Wellness Compass – Our new community project launches on Friday 1st May 2020.
What Is Wellness Compass?
Wellness Compass is the people of Lincolnshire’s creative guide to nurturing wellbeing. Keeping our bodies and minds active, healthy and strong, together.
Our purpose is to promote wellbeing through culture and creativity. It seems as though access to culture and creativity is limited at the moment, when actually it is all around us and always has been. It is in this spirit that we invite you to participate in an investigation to seek it out in the everyday, and to share it with each other as a means to nurturing wellness.
Over a six-week period we invite our community to document themselves using cultural and creative activities as a means of nurturing their wellbeing. This material will then form the content of a series of episodes designed to provide a wellness guide, made for the community, by the community, broadcast from the end of June 2020.
Our inspiration for this project has come from the NHS Five Steps to Wellbeing. In a time when our appreciation for the NHS is at the forefront of our minds, it seems very fitting that we recognise the NHS’s longstanding and sound guidance for wellbeing, not only during this difficult time, but always.
- Week One: Distanced: A Social Guide – NHS Step 1: Connecting with other people (submissions open 1 May 2020)
- Week Two: NogginJoggin – NHS Step 2: Be physically active (submissions open 8 May 2020)
- Week Three: Use Your Loaf – NHS Step 3: Learn a new skills (submissions open 15 May 2020)
- Week Four: Neighbourhood Knowhow – NHS Step 4: Give to others (submissions open 22 May 2020)
- Week Five: Contemplation Station – NHS Step 5: Pay attention to the present moment (submissions open 29 May 2020)
- Week Six: Cognition Ignition – Long term wellness: Continuing creative wellbeing in a sustainable way (submissions open 5 June 2020)
How Can I Find Out More?
In this short video the project producer Dawn Richmond-Gordon explains the project:
For regular updates check out our blog, which will post about each weekly theme alongside some video inspiration the LPAC team who will be posting here and on our YouTube Channel, offering tips and examples of how they are using culture and creativity to nurture their wellbeing, but this is just to get the ball rolling.
Over the duration of this project we will also be creating a Wellness Compass resource pack containing accompanying information such recipes, playlists, Apps, running/walking routes and more, to accompany each episode.
We Want To Hear From You
What we are really interested in is the approach of our community members. We want to hear your stories, hear see creative adventures and learn from your advice.
A guide to how to create your submissions is available here.
When complete you can upload your videos here, entering your name and email address where prompted.
All video footage and/or images must be your own and not under the copyright of another person or organisation.